So here I was on this beautiful Friday afternoon, trying to find something to write about for my first Free Write Friday. Shall I write a short story? A poem? A possible interaction between two characters from different series? I found my answer on mylittlebookblog.com ... the book blogger test(: So without further ado, let the test begin.
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. When there are too many POVs the author switches between (especially when the author favors a point of view I don't particularly enjoy).
2. Chapters that are too long, one after another. I need good stopping places so I can update my progress on goodreads!!!
3. When authors arrange dialogue in a confusing way, making it hard to tell who is saying what.
Describe your perfect Reading Spot
I can make any spot a reading spot, but my ideal reading spot is at my grandparents' lake house. Lying on the large white rope hammock, lulling back and forth underneath the twin trees with sunlight trickling through the brilliant green leaves. And, of course, the waves lapping against the rocks that line their property.
Three Book Confessions
1. Out of all of Rick Riordan's books, I've only read the first of the Percy Jackson series. Please don't hurt me.
2. I buy entire book series without even reading the first one yet, based on amazing reviews on BookTube and Goodreads.
3. I fall in love with male characters very, very, quickly. I'm pretty sure I was infatuated with Rowan within the first three scenes he appeared in in Heir of Fire.
When was the Last Time You Cried During a Book?
In the past week, I have been binge reading the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (I'm currently on the fourth, Queen of Shadows, in case you were wondering), and I believe the last time I cried in this series was during Crown of Midnight.
How Many Books are on your Bedside Table?
Two. Queen of Shadows (of course (; ), and a riveting read on the American Colonies (can you tell I like history?).
What is your Favorite Snack to Eat while Reading?
I find it hard to eat and read at the same time, as I get distracted by the food and end up losing my place on the page I'm reading. But I do like drinking coffee while reading (black with two sugars please).
Name Three Books you Would Recommend to Everyone
1. The entire Harry Potter series, obviously. And yes, there are people who have not read it yet (muggles these days, am I right?).
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, so intricate, so mysterious.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, so many genres in one beautifully wrapped book.
Show us a Picture of your Favorite Bookshelf on your Bookcase
How about I just post a picture of my whole bookshelf later today?
Write How Much Books Mean to you in just Three Words
My whole life.
What is your Biggest Reading Secret?
I used to hate Harry Potter and was afraid of it (these were my dark ages). This was a time before I read the books, when the movies were coming out, and I took one look at the Chamber of Secrets on the TV in my family room, saw gigantic spiders and wrote Harry Potter off until I fell in love with the books several years later.
I hope you enjoyed reading the first post of this wonderful summer month(: I'll be uploading a currently reading update and some other posts over the weekend so stay tuned. See you back on Monday for the first Maybe you'll like... Monday!